The details are from the Southern Poverty Law Center, but if their facts are straight, here’s a guy who ticks a lot of boxes:
- Still and moonshine
- Online medicine business in holistic healing (link)
- Made 2.7 million dollars over several years
- Has not filed a tax return since 1997
- Has a bunker with multiple rooms
- Bunker accessible through secret false wall in his house and a ‘hinged stairwell’
- Built bunker without building permit
- Threatened the zoning people with a million dollar fine if they came on his property – payable in gold
- Weapons – 70 or more
- Three silencers. Two were homemade.
- Lots of food. Tanks for thousands of gallons of water.
- Membership in church nobody has heard of
- Says he shouldn’t pay taxes
- Wrote to the IRS saying he shouldn’t pay taxes
- Offered to charge the IRS for his tax advice
- Gave up his U.S. Citizenship
- Renounced his portion of the national debt
- Illegally modified weapons
- bomb making materials
- Claims membership in Native Tribe nobody has ever heard of
I do not know if he has a small group of loyal followers, or if his home is called a compound, or if he owns a jacked up pickup. I do not know if he has typed a manifesto. I’m pretty sure this is what keeps liberals awake at night.
I know some of the things on that list sound like a good idea.