It is Islam, among the family of religions, that is the irate member, suffering a psychosis that leaves others walking on eggshells for fear of triggering the anger. But doing so only contributes to an atmosphere conducive to Islam attacking others unwilling to initiate a pre-emptive defense.
In the Oxford Union debate, activist Anne Marie Waters argued Islam is not peaceful. She noted its supporters have so effectively played off of this peace perception, they are never required substantively to prove it.
In the U.S. criminal system, we recognize one as “presumed innocent” until proven guilty. This presumption puts the burden on the accuser – the prosecutor – affirmatively to prove the accused committed a criminal act. Guilt is to be established by a “preponderance of evidence.”
Waters made her case, introducing a preponderance of evidence to support Islam’s dark side. She blamed “the actions of Islam itself” such as:
- Death calls for “crimes” against it such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and homosexuality
- Mandate for gender segregation and discrimination
- Heavy preference in legal proceedings for a man’s testimony over a woman’s
Acceptance of child and polygamous marriages as well as marriages without the bride’s consent
- Judicial call for brutal punishments such as amputations, beheadings and butchery of those who dare insult the religion
- Imprisonment of female victims of rape
- Promotion of anti-semitism
I’m sure that Islam’s strongest supporters will object to all this. “We’re not barbarians,” they say. If you continue to disagree, someone may cut your head off.